Earth day is a worldwide annual event to celebrate green living. There are so many things you can do to celebrate, but here is a list of our favorite things:
- Recycling. The easiest thing you can do to live a greener life is recycle! Unsure what you can recycle? Ask your property manager for the dos and don’ts. Our properties offer recycling bins to make your start easier.
- Walking or cycling. Leave the car at home and cycle to work! Since the weather is finally cooperating you’ll get to enjoy the fresh air and exercise outdoors.
- Use a reusable mug or cup. Skip the paper or Styrofoam, switch to a reusable cup. This would be great for when stopping by the clubhouse house for your morning coffee!
- Reusable grocery bags. Plastic bags are everywhere! You even see them floating around or lying in the street. Help the environment by ditching the plastic and switching to reusable bags!
- Eating Earth-Friendly Foods. Hit up a local farmers market or locally grown grocery stores. This is not only environmental friendly, but helps our community!
Just remember, anything to help our environment is a great thing to do! It does not have to be Earth Day to make a difference.