It’s the beginning of February, which means the holiday of love is just around the corner. We tend to think that Valentine’s Day is just for couples, but I’m here to tell you that you can have a great Valentine’s Day with any one of your friends or family members! Here are some activities you can do to have a fun-filled Valentine’s Day.
- Valentine’s baking and decorating. The great thing about this activity is you can do it with just about anyone! Invite your friends over and start baking. You can have a cupcake decorating contest, or get really creative and make fun love themed cake pops! Whatever you do will surely produce delicious treats and a great time!
- Go to a museum. Going to a museum can be a great, simple way to spend time with your significant other! You don’t have to put a lot of thought into planning this date, but it is sure to provide an entertaining use of your time. I would suggest checking out the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha! They have so many beautiful works of art, and it’s free to get in.
- Movie night! This activity can be done with pretty much anyone and you don’t have to leave the house. There are so many movies to choose from, too. Are you in the mood for a rom-com, or a romantic love story? You can also make popcorn and snack on the baked goods you made earlier! If you want to get out of the house, check out the AMC theater in Council Bluffs. They have great snacks, drinks, and reclining seats!
- Have you been wanting to learn a new style of dance? Valentine’s Day is a perfect way to get started (and it’s romantic too)! There are tons of different styles you can learn, and it gives you a way to do something fun with your significant other. Omaha Ballroom has a variety of different options for you to choose from. You may even find a new hobby from it!
- Go to an arcade. Let out your inner competitor with this great activity! You can go as a group or just with your significant other. I would suggest checking out Dave and Buster’s in Omaha. They have so many great games to choose from, as well as great food.
- Take a painting class. You can be very creative and spend time with the ones you love with this idea! Some places even offer group painting sessions. The Corky Canvas in Omaha offers many different options and styles of paintings! Grab a group of friends and let the fun begin.