We here at Pacific Gardens are obviously excited for this warmer weather to be coming so soon. We welcome in the bright sun, warm temperature and all the vivid colors that come with springtime. With this season coming into being March 19th we only have a few weeks to prepare in one of the most participated activities: Spring Cleaning
Here are some tips to help you get in the spirit and get motivated!
1. For the cat in your apartment, save your poor vacuum from getting clogged with hair by using your shower squeegee for help. This will remove the large clumps of hair from the carpet then vacuum to finish the job.
2. Don’t get overwhelmed when cleaning. Just clean one room at a time. You’ll feel much better when you can cross a whole room off of your list and move onto the next. Its much more manageable that way.
3. If you live with roommates, having a few people help you out can turn a full day of cleaning into only a half day. I’m sure you guys can figure something out like a schedule or rotation so you all can stay on top of cleaning and everybody pitches in.
4. Go thru your closet, I promise you there are some thing you just don’t wear anymore. Pack those items up and take them to Goodwill. Or you can download a few apps, snap a picture of the items you want to get rid of and list them for a price. Getting paid to clean out your closet is always great motivation.
5. Finishing touches, always play around with setting up some color within your apartment to brighten it up. A strategically placed blanket or picture on the wall is a great way to liven up a space. Lastly, treat yourself to a candle. Freshen up your space with a springtime floral scent!
“Spring is nature’s way of saying let’s party.” – Robin Williams