To rent or to buy? That is the question… Here are a few benefits to renting an apartment verses buying a house:
- Financial: The biggest benefit of renting an apartment is the financial aspect. Rent is generally more affordable than mortgage, and utilities are also bound to be cheaper since you don’t have to pay to heat/cool a large house!
- Safety: Although home owners often invest in some kind of security system, apartments are invested in the overall safety of their residents. Apartments generally have a security team that patrols the community at night. It is also safer to be living in close proximity to others as opposed to being the only one in your house at any given moment.
- Short Term: Renting an apartment provides you with a short term place to live, as opposed to buying a home. This gives you the freedom to be open to options and opportunities that may pop up unexpectedly that you would not be able to pursue if you owned a house.
- Maintenance: If something goes wrong in your apartment, no worries! Maintenance has you covered. When it snows, no worries! Maintenance has you covered. When the lawn needs to be mowed and landscaping needs attention… you guessed it! Maintenance still has you covered! Not only does maintenance serve as a convenience, but it is also a huge time and money saver.
- Amenities: Odds are, if you are purchasing a home, it probably does not have a swimming pool, clubhouse, AND fitness center. Think twice before giving up access to such incredible assets!
- Community: As if the first five reasons aren’t enough, we decided to add a little bonus! Another great benefit of apartment living is the sense of community that comes with it. If you live in an apartment, your apartment management will most likely host events that bring residents together.