With Summer drawing to a close, and Autumn quickly upon us, the Cedar Heights staff often likes to remind our residents on how they might most easily transition their apartment to the new season. Read on to gear up for Fall!
- Maintenance will be in your apartment in about a month to replace your furnace filter in preparation for winter. With this is a great chance to turn on your furnace and make sure that it is heating your apartment properly. Please note that the first time turning your furnace on typically leads to a burning smell to be present. This is normal and to be expected.
- Colder weather means that outside critters/pest may try to get into your apartment. While we do monthly pest treatments on all of our buildings, any sight of pests should be reported to the office quickly so that we can get our pest control tech out to take a look.
- Make sure to inspect your windows and doors to make sure that the seals are in good shape and that there are no large gaps or damage to glass/frames/etc. This will be an important part of making sure that your energy bills are not astronomical come winter time.
- Make sure to clean out your fireplaces, and inspect the flues. We are more than happy to send a chimney sweep over to clean flues and chimneys that need a little love!
- With the change in the hours of daylight we will have, please keep an eye on the building lights and let us know if there are any that need replaced, or if there seems to be building light timers that may need adjustment (timers are typically changed starting in October to better illuminate the buildings during late fall and early winter).
- Not so much of a tip as a recommendation: with Fall coming up, take some time to enjoy the warm weather! Once it is here, it will be nothing but layers, falling leaves, soups and more. While we love Fall here at Cedar Heights, we can also appreciate how nice it is to dress in shorts leaving your apartment.
To all of our residents: Thank you for being amazing, and Happy Fall! We are excited to share another Autumn with you all in this little forested community we all call home!