The more time we all spend at home, the more time we spend looking at all the extra stuff we have accumulated over the years. Many of your Robert Hancock & Co. properties have storage units available for all those things you don’t want to look at but aren’t ready to get rid of. Things like holiday decorations, seasonal clothing, extra furniture, and even electronics, can add to the everyday clutter that gets on our nerves. A storage unit can provide that little bit of extra space.
Now, just because all these items can FIT in a storage unit, that doesn’t mean they will be easy to find. To maximize the use of your storage unit, follow these simple tips!
- Write it out:
- Keeping a list of everything that you bring into a storage unit will save you time looking in the wrong place! A list will help you keep track of what you have in a storage unit at any time, which saves you time digging around.
- Picture this:
- Keep a picture or diagram of where things are within the storage unit to keep everything organized and easily accessible. A picture of sections of your storage unit can be kept on your phone so that you can see where the item is before you even start looking!
- Safety first:
- Place large, heavy, or bulky items closer to the ground for safety. Heavier items toward the top of a pile have a tendency to fall or damage the items below.
- Think CLEAR-ly:
- Investing in clear plastic storage bins so that you can see everything before you start stacking gives you a better chance at finding anything you’re looking for. One alternative would be large labels that you can briefly summarize what each box contains.
- Organization is key:
- Having an organized storage unit not only looks better, but it saves you the hassle of digging around looking for things. Organizing things by holiday, color, size, or function, can really come in handy when you’re looking for something specific. The items that you are going to use the most should always be the most accessible, so they should be stored near the front of the storage unit.
If you have one, or are thinking about getting one, these tips and tricks should help you get the most out of your storage unit!