Wow, just wow. Today has made us realize just how crazy things are going to be at Cedar Heights before they get better… Roofing and Gutter replacement is still underway, concrete work is now ongoing and grounds work is still a thing here each time we have a storm or see a heat wave that lasts a week or longer. While they are doing a great job and are moving quickly, we are still in for quite a time for most of the month of September.
Saying this, something we love to do at Cedar Heights is make lists, so we thought we would make a list of ways to survive the cleverly constructed name for our current situation: construction-ageddon.
- First, make sure that you are being careful when you walk through the community or into/out of your building. While crews are expected to clean up debris as they work and cone and tape off affected areas, we do not want anyone to step or run over a nail, trip on debris, materials or stripped areas of walkway. Be Careful.
- Please be patient with the noise. We know that it will be loud during the day when crews are re-shingling, putting up new siding or removing concrete. Crews work fast, so they should be out of your hair usually within a week.
- Contact our office about any damages or cleaning issues. If you see litter around the community or on your balcony/patio, let us know. If you find drywalling issues after work has concluded on your building, please get in contact with us so we can get our drywaller out to repair it. It is important that we get this information sooner rather than later so that fixes can occur.
- Make sure to remove any items from your balcony/patio that can be hit by falling debris. It is rare that damage to things falling occurs, but it occasionally happens, so it is important to remove those items so that it is not possible at all for damage to take place.
While these tips should help make this time a little bit more bearable, it is important to note a couple things:
- Crews almost exclusively work between 8am and 6pm. Thus, your nights should not be affected.
- This work will be done before you know it, and then we will be left with a gorgeous community with tons improvements. We are so excited for this to be done so we can all revel in the improvements.
Stay patient, keep your eyes on the prize and we will make it through this with the chance to enjoy a new and improved Cedar Heights Community. We absolutely can’t wait to be there…