Living at Cedar Heights is great! The apartments are cute and spacious, the maintenance staff is timely, helpful and friendly, and the community is upkept in a way that we can all be proud of. With that said, we know that everyone’s lease will come to an end eventually, and residents will need to make the decision to renew with us or give notice to move to another location. While we understand that it is unavoidable and that some residents may have no other choice than to move (moving to be closer to work, buying a house or important life changes that may move you somewhere else being a few), we wanted to take a moment to highlight some of the perks of renewing a lease with us! Especially with Summer coming up and a lot of movement typically taking place around that time, here are several reasons to stay with us, which include:
- We offer flexible renewal terms, including a standard 12 month renewal option, or something more short term, such as a 6-11 month option. We even offer residents the ability to go month-to-month in their apartment. Typically if this option is afforded to residents at other communities, there is a $100-$200 month-to-month fee that is added onto your rent each month, but we only ask for an additional 5% month-to-month cost to be added onto your renewal rate!
- With residents that renew for a full 12 month term and renew early enough (residents will have to refer to the 90 day renewal letter we send them ahead of their lease’s expiration for this date), they can be eligible for a renewal bonus, such as a free carpet cleaning, bathroom or kitchen cleaning, an upgrade to something in their apartment, such as light fixtures/faucet heads/etc., or a free rental of our clubhouse! Many residents here utilize these bonuses yearly to keep their apartment in tip-top shape, and all they had to do is sign a 12 month renewal lease with us!
- Renewing with us gives you the peace of mind of avoiding a costly and often lengthy moving process. There are no costs for movers/boxes or need for extra cleaning to be done when you stick around! Plus, residents can utilize shorter renewal terms to help themselves plan a move, and if the move goes sideways, can always decide to renew for a longer term! Why start a move in the dead of summer/winter when you can utilize our renewal flexibility to your advantage?
- If you do have issues or concerns in your apartment, it may be useful to use your renewal as an efficient way to voice those concerns. Of course, we always encourage an open dialogue with our residents and welcome all criticisms, even prior to renewal, but if there is something that needs done or a need that has not been met in the apartment during your time with us, let us know! We want to keep you around as a resident with us for as long as you are willing to have us, and will work towards making Cedar Heights a comfortable space to live.
- In a final nod to flexibility, we do allow for lease takeovers or swaps of roommates ahead of renewals! Any new residents will need to be approved through our application process, but the rest of the process is pretty straight forward! If a resident wants to make a change to their roommates, or if they want someone new to take over their lease, all they have to do is call our office to get more information on how that process will work.
Our goal is to provide a comfortable community where resident’s needs are being met, with an emphasis on keeping the grounds and buildings as beautiful and maintained as possible. We hope that with anyone’s lease coming to an end, they inquire with our office on ways in which they can stay put! We want to make Cedar Heights a long term home, and that all starts with renewing!