Keeping up with all your bills due dates can be a struggle at times. Missing a payment or paying late can get costly with late fee charges. It is so important to remember to pay your rent on time. It not only maintains a positive relationship with your property manager, but also can help you avoid late fees and added stress.
Remember, rent is due on the 1st of every month, but you have a grace period until the 5th to make your payments. After the 5th, you will incur a late fee on your account. Here’s two hot tips from the Robert Hancock & Co. crew on how to always pay your rent on time to avoid that pesky late fee!
Set Up Auto-pay
This is the easiest piece of advice you will get for paying your rent on time! In your Rent Café portal, you have the option to set up automatic payment withdrawal. First click on payments, then click on Auto-pay Setup. From this screen you will be able to see your average monthly charges and choose the date you would like auto-pay to pull from your bank account! You can choose either the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd of the month! Be sure to have the money in the account before auto-pay pulls to avoid an insufficient funds charge. We understand that life gets hectic at times. This preferred method of payment eases the stresses of incurring a late fee from forgetting to pay rent. And it’s totally free to pay online using your routing and account number for your checking or savings account!
Set A Reminder
In your phone or on your computer, set a reminder a few days before the 1st to help you remember to pay your rent! You can go online in Rent Café and see your ledger, which will have your due rent amount and utility charges. You will never be unsure of what your monthly balance is! If you would prefer to pay your rent through check or money order/cashier’s check, remember to always drop off your payments in the drop boxes at your property.
We hope that these two tips come in handy when paying your rent at one of our properties.
Living in an apartment means that you have to LIVE in the apartment: bring your items in and make the space a home. Often times, this carries over to an attempt to fill other spaces, such as you balcony or patio, and even sometimes your entry door or hallways. We have seen a lot of ways people have made their apartments a home here, and while we absolutely love the personalization and care that everyone puts into it, there are some points in which we have to ask them to hit the brakes. There are rules that allow us to keep the shared spaces clean, safe of clutter, or have other reasons why we enforce them. In an order to re-express these rules, and to enlighten non-residents of possible policies you may have living at other apartments (including Robert Hancock and Co. communities), we decided we would state some many rules for what can and can’t be done on a balcony or shared space.
- No personal items can be stored in the hallways of our buildings (this is a common policy at almost all communities). This is to avoid any fire or tripping hazards when resident leave and enter the building, and avoids making those spaces look cluttered. You can, however, have a door mat or door decor.
- While we do have cleaners that clean the common areas of the buildings once a week, that does not mean that trash and debris should be ignored. If you track in dirt, drop garbage, or something of the like, please deal with it the same way that you would in the apartment.
- Balconies/patios are for patio furniture and plants only. Please make sure that these items are properly tethered down. No trash, bikes or other items are permitted to be stored on balconies.
- Electric grills are permitted to be stored in the community or on a balcony with complete supervision while in use. Gas and charcoal grills are strictly prohibited (that is a common law at least in the state of Nebraska), and can’t be stored or used anywhere in the community, as they are a dangerous fire risk.
- No flags/signs can be put up on the balconies/patios/windows of your apartment. All flags will be asked to be removed, as there is no way to avoid having signage or flags that are inappropriate in nature if we allow them in anyway.
These are simple rules and do not give information on the complete guidelines we have, or any other community has. If you ever have questions about what can or can’t be done with a shared space or a balcony/patio, please make sure to contact your property manager or consult your lease/community policies guidelines.
As wonderful as it has been to have a full house over the last few months, it has been sad that we have not had many openings for new residents to enjoy. While we love our current residents, we have to admit that there is something exciting about welcoming fresh faces into the community! Luckily, just like Spring breathes new life into our world, it will also bring new apartment options for those that are looking. Read below for more on these amazing offerings!
ONE BEDROOM OPTIONS:
- 605 – One bedroom + loft, one bathroom located on third floor. Includes balcony, fireplace, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove/range and garbage disposal. 1240 sq. ft. and priced at $930/mo.
- 315 – One bedroom, one bathroom located on 2nd floor. Includes balcony, fireplace, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove/range and garbage disposal. 690 sq. ft. and priced at $720/mo.
- 214 – One bedroom, one bathroom located on first floor. Includes fireplace, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove/range and garbage disposal. 690 sq. ft. and priced at $680/mo.
TWO BEDROOM OPTION:
- 509 – Two bedroom, two bathroom located on the second floor. Includes balcony, fireplace, washer/dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove/range and garbage disposal. 1200 sq. ft. and priced at $960/mo.
If we have learned anything about our community, these beautiful apartments, luxurious amenities and cozy atmosphere do not stay long! Make sure to act fast by contacting our office or viewing our office for more information or to fill out an application. You can find out information here:
Cedar Heights Contact Details:
We look forward to getting to speak with anyone looking for an excellent and quiet place to call home. Remember that at Cedar Heights we offer Spacious Living, Outstanding Views.