August is here! Normally, the month of August denotes of a lot of things starting back up:
School opens back up for all ages.
Typically, vacationing rolls back a little bit as workers settle back in for the remainder of the year.
Pools start preparing to close.
People tend to start preparing for the temperatures to drop by switching their wardrobe, brushing up on their favorite football teams or the like.
Needless to say, August is the time for a lot of upheaval as we all get ready for Fall. With that said, we LOVE the work. This time of year is typically when we start getting our lots and sidewalks repaired, start planning our fall projects and start planning our need for sod and corrections to our lawns. It is honest work, but there is something about the process of making this a more beautiful place for our residents that draws us in. This year, however, we were able to get a few more items started! Please see below for more on some tasks we will be completing over the next couple of months:
- All of our buildings will be getting new roofs as well as new gutters. The time frame to get one building done is about 1 week.
- All of our building will be getting repainted. More on this will be emailed to residents once the vendors have the paint and are ready to start the work.
- Some of our buildings will be getting portions of siding replaced. This is still being reviewed, with more on this to be relayed to residents once it is completely decided.
Now, we ask that everyone understand that this work will not always be convenient. Concrete work will shut down some areas while it is underway. Residents may find debris while roofing is ongoing, as well as roofing crews being in the way of some parking spaces and sidewalks. The work will be noisy at times. We hope that residents will understand that this work, while definitely a good thing, will not always be enjoyable but will be worth it.
Take heart! After this is all done, our community will be quite improved! We promise that the work will be worth all the hassle, and can’t wait to share all the improvements with our residents once they are completed.
Our staff loves working at Pacific Gardens! The grounds are gorgeous, interesting/unique features abound, and our residents are some of the best out there. We enjoy being here so much that we would like to take a moment to let it be known why someone new should want to join our community. These are just a few of our thoughts, but Pacific Gardens has a lot to offer, and we hope these ideas can give people a better understanding of what Pacific Gardens is like!
- Pacific Gardens maintains a wonderful and friendly staff. From the office to maintenance technicians to our groundskeeper, all staff is put here to make a resident’s life as comfortable as possible. We all care and will work tirelessly for you.
- Maintenance is on-site and responds promptly to all requests. We are more than willing to keep checking in to make sure that everything is done correctly. Plus they will leave cards that can be used to provide feedback, increasing their ability to follow up on all needed maintenance. Finally, all work requests can be submitted online for your convenience!
- Our grounds are some of the prettiest out there, with lots of open spaces. It is easy to find residents and guests alike walking through our community or to find children playing. We have lawns mowed and maintained once a week, with our groundskeeper going through each day to pick up trash, pull weeds, lay mulch, plant new bushes/flowers/etc. or set up new garden areas.
- The buildings actually feel like home! With only 8 apartments in each building, boasting large laundry areas and spacious storage rooms available to all residents, this really is a community where you don’t feel like you are living a box right next to a lot of other people.
- Apartments come included with all sorts of neat and unique features. Whether it is the myriad of large windows that let in plenty of natural light, apartments with balconies, dens, walk-in closets, breakfast bars, and even some with washer/dryer in-unit, there are all kinds of apartments to fit what it is that you are looking for.
- It’s all about the extras! We offer a Clubhouse for resident use, a fitness center that can be accessed 24/7, garages for extra parking opportunities and a security detail that patrols every night so that you and your loved ones can feel safe.
- Lastly, our office staff is kind, receptive and will work for you. Whether it is working with residents, interacting with guests, scheduling work to be done in or around your apartment, planning fun events (like how our Christmas party last year), coordinating major work (such as our roofing and siding replacements), or being engaged online and on social media, it is our job and our pride to be active, engaged and courteous with anyone coming to visit.
Has this all been enough to peak your interest? If so, please go HERE for more information about our availability. If you are looking to apply to live with us, please go HERE. For anyone looking to live with us, we do have several items we will check/verify, so make sure to review the Rental Application Requirements page included here. (IMPORTANT: All applicants must be 19 years of age and have a valid SSN in order to apply)
We would love to have you as a new member of our community. We never stop looking for ways that we can improve the living situations of our residents. So, if you want an office that cares about your needs, and that loves what they do and works with purpose, Pacific Gardens may just be the perfect place to call your new home!