Our apartment community offers a lot to be excited about! Great grounds and landscaping, wonderfully spacious apartments and great staff. If you are looking for a home where your needs are taken care of, and you can live comfortably, then Cedar Heights is a great choice! With this said, we know that as important as it is to have a wonderful home, it is often just as important to have a central location that has shops and locales nearby. We wracked our brains and thought of plenty of locations that make Cedar Heights a special space to live.
- Restaurants: L Street is right down the way from us, and even near the intersection of L and 50th, you find plenty of quick bites such as Raising Canes, Jimmy Johns, Arbys and Taco Bell. Right here on 50th and Grover, we have a new restaurant and pub in Blondies Pub and Pizza, and there still more off of Saddle Creek and Center.
- Stores: Again, on the corner of 50th and L is Family Fare, which is a mid size store with great prices and plenty of options. Hy-Vee and Walgreens are right off of 50th and Center, and on the flip side of Grover is a Walmart Grocer.
- Parks: Several are nearby, with one right off of 50th and Grover. Aksarben also has several walking areas with great views and shops.
- Gas Stations. MegaSaver is right off of 60th and Grover, as well as a Hy-Vee gas station that is on 50th and Center. These are just the nearest options.
- Pubs/Bars: For those old enough to have an adult beverage, we have already mentioned Blondies Pub. There is also the Poop Deck that is right off of 60th and Grover.
- Miscellaneous: Right down the street on the corner of 50th and Grover, there is a used car dealership, a tailor, a pet groomer and a convenience store. All useful, especially in a pinch.
- Storage: Affordable Family Storage, as well as various storage sites are right down the street off of 50th and L. Especially useful for the apartment crowd with too many items.
Honestly, we are finding it difficult to not want to live here, especially if you are not into travelling long distances to shop. While we think that we are a wonderful place to live and stay, why not take a second to look at these places and frequent these businesses. We could all use a helping hand during these tough economic times.