At Cedar Heights, we have been lucky to have many of our residents reside with our for a long time, and to favor their time spent here. We appreciate all of our residents, new and old, but do have to admit that it is sad that we do not often have the opportunity to welcome in new residents to our community… That is why we are excited to let those reading know that we have two apartments available in January! Read on for more information on these amazing homes:
- #507 – A spacious two bedroom, two bathroom with walkout patio attached to the master bedroom. This 1200 sq. ft. space boosts a fireplace, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove/range, garbage disposal and in-unit washer/dryer. This apartment offers lease options between 3 and 15 months, with pricing between $1141-$1680.
- 505 – An extravagant one bedroom + loft, one bathroom with balcony attached to the living room. This large 1240 sq. ft. space contains a fireplace, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove/range and garbage disposal. This apartment offers lease options between 3 and 15 months, with pricing between $1074-$1668.
Both options are great, and we would be so happy to have anyone around to take a look or ask questions about the community. If you or someone you know is looking for a new home for 2022, give us a call at (402)393-2210, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to meet you!
Whether you love winter or not, it is that time again to cover how to best prepare for changes in temperatures, and for situations involving the two words us in the Midwest know all two well…
Snow and Ice.
Read on for general guidance to overcome of the wonderful, yet burdensome time that is winter in Western Nebraska:
- Bring out those winter clothes. The thought is that all persons should have the following: a winter cap, gloves that they would be comfortable shoveling snow in, several layers, a few sweatshirts, a couple decent winter coats and some kind of winter boot or footwear that is water-repellent and provides decent traction. You may not need all of it, but when in a pinch, it is better to have too many layers on than too few.
- Here at Cedar Heights Apartments, as well as many apartment communities in the area, we have already run diagnostics on your furnace, repaired any that needed fixing, and replaced all old air filters. With that, please monitor your furnace throughout the winter months and report any irregularities as soon as they come up. NEVER run your furnace under 66 degrees when temperatures are below freezing outside, as running it any lower may lead to water pipes freezing and bursting. Finally, please note that you should keep your thermostat set at one temperature to save on energy expenses instead of setting it lower during the day and turning it up at night.
- As an additional measure, window wrapping can be used to better insulate your windows or patio doors. Also, if you are a resident at Cedar Heights Apartments, please make sure to close your fireplace flue when not in use and close the fireplace doors to better keep your apartment living space warm.
- When walking outside, please stick to paths that have been cleared already and have salt/sand down. Do not take shortcuts through lawns or areas that have not been cleared, as there is no way of knowing if there is ice underneath any snow-covered areas.
- On the point of travel, make sure that your car always has over 1/2 of a full tank when temperatures are below freezing. Remember to check the tread of your tires, and keep a few spare blankets in the trunk of your car in case your car breaks down or refuses to start.
- Finally, and as a small piece of advice, make sure to reverse the direction of your fan by toggling the switch on the side of it. We don’t believe enough people do this, and it may help in a small way keep your apartment warm over the cooler months.
With Summer drawing to a close, and Autumn quickly upon us, the Cedar Heights staff often likes to remind our residents on how they might most easily transition their apartment to the new season. Read on to gear up for Fall!
- Maintenance will be in your apartment in about a month to replace your furnace filter in preparation for winter. With this is a great chance to turn on your furnace and make sure that it is heating your apartment properly. Please note that the first time turning your furnace on typically leads to a burning smell to be present. This is normal and to be expected.
- Colder weather means that outside critters/pest may try to get into your apartment. While we do monthly pest treatments on all of our buildings, any sight of pests should be reported to the office quickly so that we can get our pest control tech out to take a look.
- Make sure to inspect your windows and doors to make sure that the seals are in good shape and that there are no large gaps or damage to glass/frames/etc. This will be an important part of making sure that your energy bills are not astronomical come winter time.
- Make sure to clean out your fireplaces, and inspect the flues. We are more than happy to send a chimney sweep over to clean flues and chimneys that need a little love!
- With the change in the hours of daylight we will have, please keep an eye on the building lights and let us know if there are any that need replaced, or if there seems to be building light timers that may need adjustment (timers are typically changed starting in October to better illuminate the buildings during late fall and early winter).
- Not so much of a tip as a recommendation: with Fall coming up, take some time to enjoy the warm weather! Once it is here, it will be nothing but layers, falling leaves, soups and more. While we love Fall here at Cedar Heights, we can also appreciate how nice it is to dress in shorts leaving your apartment.
To all of our residents: Thank you for being amazing, and Happy Fall! We are excited to share another Autumn with you all in this little forested community we all call home!
Wow, just wow. Today has made us realize just how crazy things are going to be at Cedar Heights before they get better… Roofing and Gutter replacement is still underway, concrete work is now ongoing and grounds work is still a thing here each time we have a storm or see a heat wave that lasts a week or longer. While they are doing a great job and are moving quickly, we are still in for quite a time for most of the month of September.
Saying this, something we love to do at Cedar Heights is make lists, so we thought we would make a list of ways to survive the cleverly constructed name for our current situation: construction-ageddon.
- First, make sure that you are being careful when you walk through the community or into/out of your building. While crews are expected to clean up debris as they work and cone and tape off affected areas, we do not want anyone to step or run over a nail, trip on debris, materials or stripped areas of walkway. Be Careful.
- Please be patient with the noise. We know that it will be loud during the day when crews are re-shingling, putting up new siding or removing concrete. Crews work fast, so they should be out of your hair usually within a week.
- Contact our office about any damages or cleaning issues. If you see litter around the community or on your balcony/patio, let us know. If you find drywalling issues after work has concluded on your building, please get in contact with us so we can get our drywaller out to repair it. It is important that we get this information sooner rather than later so that fixes can occur.
- Make sure to remove any items from your balcony/patio that can be hit by falling debris. It is rare that damage to things falling occurs, but it occasionally happens, so it is important to remove those items so that it is not possible at all for damage to take place.
While these tips should help make this time a little bit more bearable, it is important to note a couple things:
- Crews almost exclusively work between 8am and 6pm. Thus, your nights should not be affected.
- This work will be done before you know it, and then we will be left with a gorgeous community with tons improvements. We are so excited for this to be done so we can all revel in the improvements.
Stay patient, keep your eyes on the prize and we will make it through this with the chance to enjoy a new and improved Cedar Heights Community. We absolutely can’t wait to be there…
Cedar Heights has been thrilled with the community we have throughout the winter; plenty of residents returning to live with us another year, and some new faces to round out our roster. We are always thankful to be the place that some call home, but like we always say, it has been a little sad to not have as many opportunities for new residents to swoop in and call home. With that said, we have made it a personal mission to try to get the word out as much as possible, and let everyone know if we ever have anything available. Knowing this, we checked what we had coming up, and we were a bit alarmed…
WE ONLY HAVE TWO MORE APARTMENTS LEFT FOR THE REST OF SPRING.
While this is a nice problem to have, it is a little sad that we will have so little to offer until Summer. Take a peak below to see more on these ONE-derful one bedroom apartments (see what we did there?).
- 605 – One bedroom + loft, one bathroom, available between 4/23/2021 and 4/30/2021. 1240 sq. ft. and priced at $930/mo. Includes a balcony, fireplace, dishwasher, refrigerator, garbage disposal and stove/range. (Washer/dryer units are provided communally on each floor in the building)
- 713 – One bedroom, one bathroom, available between 4/23/2021 and 4/30/2021. 690 sq. ft. and priced at $700/mo. Includes a patio walkout, fireplace, dishwasher, refrigerator, garbage disposal and stove/range. (Washer/dryer units are provided communally on each floor in the building)
We are sure that these spaces will not last long, so inquire today! Once they are gone it is very likely that we will not have anything else until June or July. Please inquire with our office by contacting us through the following means:
- Phone: (402)889-3560
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: @rhccedarheights
- Website: https://roberthancockco.com/property/cedar-heights/
Finally, if you are a current resident, but know someone that may be looking for an apartment such as the ones listed below, let them know! If they state that you referred them when they first reach out about the apartment, you will be eligible for a resident referral bonus of $100 (they have to mention you by name upon first inquiry in order for you to be eligible).
Usher in Spring with a new home in a beautiful, green community. Share that time with great neighbors, attentive staff, and plenty of space (both inside the apartment and out). We can’t wait to hear from you!
As wonderful as it has been to have a full house over the last few months, it has been sad that we have not had many openings for new residents to enjoy. While we love our current residents, we have to admit that there is something exciting about welcoming fresh faces into the community! Luckily, just like Spring breathes new life into our world, it will also bring new apartment options for those that are looking. Read below for more on these amazing offerings!
ONE BEDROOM OPTIONS:
- 605 – One bedroom + loft, one bathroom located on third floor. Includes balcony, fireplace, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove/range and garbage disposal. 1240 sq. ft. and priced at $930/mo.
- 315 – One bedroom, one bathroom located on 2nd floor. Includes balcony, fireplace, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove/range and garbage disposal. 690 sq. ft. and priced at $720/mo.
- 214 – One bedroom, one bathroom located on first floor. Includes fireplace, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove/range and garbage disposal. 690 sq. ft. and priced at $680/mo.
TWO BEDROOM OPTION:
- 509 – Two bedroom, two bathroom located on the second floor. Includes balcony, fireplace, washer/dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove/range and garbage disposal. 1200 sq. ft. and priced at $960/mo.
If we have learned anything about our community, these beautiful apartments, luxurious amenities and cozy atmosphere do not stay long! Make sure to act fast by contacting our office or viewing our office for more information or to fill out an application. You can find out information here:
Cedar Heights Contact Details:
We look forward to getting to speak with anyone looking for an excellent and quiet place to call home. Remember that at Cedar Heights we offer Spacious Living, Outstanding Views.
We can’t believe it! After a couple of months where we had almost no availability, we finally have apartments to offer! Exciting though this may be, what is an apartment without great people to fill them? In order to avoid having a great home without an owner, we would like to offer some details about the availability to help anyone looking for their next home. Read on for more about what we will have to offer:
- #509: Two Bedroom, Two Bathroom with washer/dryer. 1200 sq. ft. and including a large balcony (on second floor). Priced at $960/mo. Available by or before 1/9/2020.
- #715: One Bedroom, One Bathroom. 690 sq. ft. and including a large balcony (on second floor). Priced at $720/mo. Available by or before 1/11/2020.
- #613: One Bedroom, One Bathroom. 690 sq. ft. and including a patio walkout (on first floor). Priced at $700/mo. Available by or before 1/11/2020.
Knowing that we have both one and two bedroom options coming available, why not start your year off by becoming our new residents? You will be joining a wonderful, safe and welcoming community boasting considerate neighbors, security services, secure entry buildings, communal washer/dryer set ups, free and paid parking, incredible and timely maintenance staff and a swimming pool/clubhouse! Our staff likes to think that we are pretty neat, and we know that you will, too.
Call today! Openings have gone fast in the past year, and we want to make sure you do not miss out! We offer self-guided tours, as well as virtual tours of our apartments (we are not offering guided tours at this time). You can reach us at (402)554-0449, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Plus, we have a website that makes reaching us super simple! You can find the link for that HERE.
Our staff will find you the perfect new living space, and that is our promise and commitment. We look forward to hearing from you!
Cedar Heights and the Robert Hancock and Co. Family are pleased to be collecting food donations for Food Bank for the Heartland! Typically, each year we do a food drive to benefit charitable organizations in our community, but this year, we are doing it with a twist! Each week, we have orchestrated a specific type of item that we would like to see donated. Our first week was for cereals, our second was for items used in making peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and this week, we have been working to get items that used in making Spaghetti! We think that these items will easy hold on shelves, and will make for easy meals for anyone in need!
As well, Robert Hancock and Co. is making a money donation to the organization that will be delivered when all food items from our communities are collected and dropped off. We know that food and funding are valuable donations that may really make a difference. Just as we want to make a difference with our residents, we want to be a force of good in the lives of those around us in the greater Omaha area.
We are almost to 1000 total items donated between all of our communities! With the help of our wonderful residents, we are really hoping to total or surpass this number before the end of the week when our contest ends! Do you believe we can make it? If so, please consider making a donation! Our office in particular has donation boxes stationed just outside our leasing office doors.
Thanks to all that have been helping us this year. Cedar Heights, as well as all Robert Hancock and Co. communities are so fortunate to have amazing support from our incredible residents.
Finally, Cedar Heights does have a couple one bedroom apartments coming available! We have one that will be available in December and one that will be available in January. Our apartments are in short supply, so if you, or someone you know are looking for a wonderful home to move into this winter, please contact our office! A wonderful community with excellent staff, we know that we will make a great destination for someone looking for their new home.
Goodness, it really has been a busy Spring and Summer for the Pacific Gardens Staff! Lots of residents coming and going, plenty of work going on around the community, and many more changes on the horizon. Eventually, we knew that we would want to come back and detail a few quick thoughts that we had in order to make sure we were all on the same page. We hope this will be seen as useful for our residents, or simply for guests inquiring about coming here. Here are a few thoughts:
- With the warmer weather, it is common to see more people entering and leaving the buildings. A little time outside or away is good, and while the inside is a great shield from the heat, we should also be careful about who we let in, and who we give codes or keys to. Please make sure that if anyone approaches you to let them inside that you inform them that it is against your lease. Our vendors will always be given access by us prior to coming into the building, but guests should always attempt to make contact with the resident that they are visiting to be let in. Also, please do not distribute keys or codes to anyone that is not a resident. This leaves not just yourself, but others in your building, open to security issues down the road. All guests should be let in at the door or use the panel systems to call out to the apartment for entry.
- Animals galore! While it is amazing to see pet owners out and about with their beloved, hairy companions, it is absolutely necessary that everyone clean up after their pet immediately. Pet waste is not just gross because of poor grounds keeper sometimes has to pick it up, but also because our residents have to see it in their front lawns. Let’s face it: our community is much to beautiful to have waste just laying around.
- During the summer months, our community sees its fair share of people moving in and out. While it is sad to see residents go, it is important that residents properly dispose of trash and other items accordingly, and that they make sure to provide us a correct forwarding address for deposit. IT IS IMPERATIVE that no large pieces of furniture be disposed by our dumpsters, and that all bagged trash goes into the dumpster, and is not laid beside it. In addition, we want to make sure that everyone receives their deposit, and in a timely fashion, so make sure to provide an address for its delivery!
- One more thought comes to mind: we know that a lot of people will find times away from their home, or will be spending a lot of time inside avoiding the summer heat. As such, we ask that everyone be diligent in submitting maintenance reports for items that are damaged or need replaced (especially for emergency items like leaks, power outages, total drain blockages, etc.). We will respond as quickly as possible to these requests. Lastly, our office and staff are taking the safety of our residents as a matter of utmost priority. Try to refrain from submission of very small work orders, and make sure that all residents are feeling well, and are able to either be out of the apartment or in a separate room while the work is being completed (REMINDER: your Rent Café portal is a great place to submit electronic maintenance requests).
With this all in mind, it is our hope that we all have a great summer. Thanks to everyone for making Pacific Gardens a great place to live, and we look forward to finding more ways to engage with all of you in the future.
Our staff loves working at Pacific Gardens! The grounds are gorgeous, interesting/unique features abound, and our residents are some of the best out there. We enjoy being here so much that we would like to take a moment to let it be known why someone new should want to join our community. These are just a few of our thoughts, but Pacific Gardens has a lot to offer, and we hope these ideas can give people a better understanding of what Pacific Gardens is like!
- Pacific Gardens maintains a wonderful and friendly staff. From the office to maintenance technicians to our groundskeeper, all staff is put here to make a resident’s life as comfortable as possible. We all care and will work tirelessly for you.
- Maintenance is on-site and responds promptly to all requests. We are more than willing to keep checking in to make sure that everything is done correctly. Plus they will leave cards that can be used to provide feedback, increasing their ability to follow up on all needed maintenance. Finally, all work requests can be submitted online for your convenience!
- Our grounds are some of the prettiest out there, with lots of open spaces. It is easy to find residents and guests alike walking through our community or to find children playing. We have lawns mowed and maintained once a week, with our groundskeeper going through each day to pick up trash, pull weeds, lay mulch, plant new bushes/flowers/etc. or set up new garden areas.
- The buildings actually feel like home! With only 8 apartments in each building, boasting large laundry areas and spacious storage rooms available to all residents, this really is a community where you don’t feel like you are living a box right next to a lot of other people.
- Apartments come included with all sorts of neat and unique features. Whether it is the myriad of large windows that let in plenty of natural light, apartments with balconies, dens, walk-in closets, breakfast bars, and even some with washer/dryer in-unit, there are all kinds of apartments to fit what it is that you are looking for.
- It’s all about the extras! We offer a Clubhouse for resident use, a fitness center that can be accessed 24/7, garages for extra parking opportunities and a security detail that patrols every night so that you and your loved ones can feel safe.
- Lastly, our office staff is kind, receptive and will work for you. Whether it is working with residents, interacting with guests, scheduling work to be done in or around your apartment, planning fun events (like how our Christmas party last year), coordinating major work (such as our roofing and siding replacements), or being engaged online and on social media, it is our job and our pride to be active, engaged and courteous with anyone coming to visit.
Has this all been enough to peak your interest? If so, please go HERE for more information about our availability. If you are looking to apply to live with us, please go HERE. For anyone looking to live with us, we do have several items we will check/verify, so make sure to review the Rental Application Requirements page included here. (IMPORTANT: All applicants must be 19 years of age and have a valid SSN in order to apply)
We would love to have you as a new member of our community. We never stop looking for ways that we can improve the living situations of our residents. So, if you want an office that cares about your needs, and that loves what they do and works with purpose, Pacific Gardens may just be the perfect place to call your new home!