It’s time to dust off your pirate gear, as the 2018 Midwest Pirate Fest is almost upon us! Grab your eye patch, sword, and coin bag, as come August 25th it’s time to search for treasure (or as pirates would say ‘booty’). This fun for all ages event is located at the beautiful Bellevue Berry Farm and Pumpkin Patch in Papillion. Check out the stranded pirate ship and Pirate’s Pub tavern. Spend time in the Pirate’s Port, the Enchanted Forest, and the sea-side towne. Bounce a bit in the inflated pirate boat, or feel the wind in yer face on the Heave-Ho pirate ship swing! Be sure to brush up on your pirate terms and phrases too. We listed some below for you ~ Happy Treasure Hunting!
- All Hands Ahoy! ~ Everyone Get On the Deck
- Hornswaggle ~ To Cheat
- Heave Ho ~ Instruction to Put Some Strength into Whatever One is Doing
- Son of a Biscuit Eater ~ An Insult
- Shark Bait ~ Going to Die Soon
- Cutlass ~ Type of Sword Used by the Pirates
- Blimey! ~ Something Said When One is in a State of Surprise
- Ahoy, Matey ~ Hello, Friend
- Avast Ye ~ Pay Attention
- Thar She Blows! ~ An Expression Used When a Whale is Spotted From the Ship
For more information on this great event, check out the link below!