There are two main options to choose from when finding a place to live. You can either rent, or you can buy. Here are a few reasons why it is better to rent:
- Money, Money, Money: One of the most beneficial parts of renting is the money aspect. Your utilities will usually be cheaper and you won’t have to worry about pricey home repairs!
- Security: There are options to purchase your own home security, but they can get expensive. ADT monitoring costs anywhere from $36.99 to $52.99 per month, and this is not including the installation costs! At Highclere, we have controlled access entry ways. This means that only residents and their guests are able to enter our buildings. We also have Frontline Security to patrol the property.
- You Choose Your Lease Terms: Typically, after you’ve fulfilled your initial 12 month lease agreement, you have short term rental options. You can have a lease anywhere from 6-11 months, or you can go month to month after the first year! When you buy a house, it can be a lengthier obligation. If you decide that you want to move somewhere else, you have to put the house up for sale, get countless bids, and sometimes you end up receiving less than what you paid for it. Renting allows you move hassle-free after you’ve completed your lease!
- Maintenance: Do you have a clogged drain? Maintenance can fix that for you! Do you hate shoveling snow? Maintenance already has it taken care of! Having a maintenance tech take care of your issues and saves you time and money in the end!
- Amenities: If you are purchasing a home, it probably does not have a swimming pool or clubhouse. At Highclere we have a spacious swimming pool for you to use, and a charming clubhouse you can rent out!
- Part of the Community: When you live in an apartment, often times you’ll find yourself becoming part of the community. Once you get to know your neighbors you might even make a new friend! Many times property managers will host events in which you can mingle with other residents.