Consider these tips when planning your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving dinner this year.
- Use a folding table – You can use a simple table cloth to cover it. No need to put it out until it’s time to eat and easy to take down when the meal is over.
- Make it a potluck and/or buffet style – Have your family and friends help pitch in and make their favorite recipes to share with the group. Keep the food in the kitchen or use the folding table for the buffet line.
- Make use of the seating you have– No need to go overboard on cramming chairs into your apartment. Most of the time, people are wanting to roam around and socialize before the meal. Extra chairs may get in the way of the socializing. If kids are going to be attending the meal, lay down an old sheet or towel and call it a picnic. If they make a mess, you can easily just put the sheet or towel in the washer.
- Plan for an early/later meal – Planning a meal for earlier or later in the day can mean making less food for the crowd. Try doing a brunch like Thanksgiving meal to have lighter fare and allow people to travel in the daylight. If wanting to do a later meal, consider doing it later evening around 6 PM. Guests will have probably eaten lunch and maybe even a small snack. This could mean less sides and desserts to make.
- Prepare the food ahead of time – Wash and cut vegetables the day before. Figure out which dishes could be cooked or baked the night before and reheated the next day. This can create more space in the oven or on the stove the day of.
For those who are looking for a new place to host their Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving dinner, Villa Vinee has apartments ready for the holiday season. Our one bedrooms have spacious living rooms to accommodate your family and friends. Call us today at 402-393-1668 to secure your new home for the holidays!