Parking can be a big concern when trying to find a new place to live! Of course we always recommend checking with your apartment’s parking rules, but we have come up with a few parking tips that might make parking a bit easier. We have listed them below:
- Try not to back into parking spaces. Backing in may be more convenient, but it is generally less safe than pulling forward into a parking space. Also, in the event of another car backing into your vehicle, it is more likely that less damage will be done to your vehicle if they hit the back end of your automobile as opposed to the front.
- Make sure to check with management ahead of time on where visitor parking is located to prevent your friend’s or family’s cars getting towed!
- If you are getting ready to move into an apartment, make sure you check with management on whether they allow pods ahead of time so as to eliminate any hiccups in your moving process.
- If you do not have an assigned parking space, we recommend you move your vehicle every few days to avoid having it mistaken as inoperable or abandoned. This will also help to alleviate parking for others and will give everyone an opportunity to park in different spots.
- Go slow! Parking lots can be a bit dicey at times, and it’s important to drive at a speed where you can stop quickly if the need arises.