Even though we are starting to see the colder temperatures that come with November, things are just starting to heat up here at Pacific Gardens. We have several projects that are ongoing or will be underway, including repair/re-striping of the parking lots, work on our roofs and siding, and paint touchups on the hallways of the buildings. Because of all of this, as well as to better assist our residents with a couple of housekeeping items, we wanted to point out a few details that residents can pay attention to finish out the year strong!
- Make sure to review any information on the bulletin boards, or posted on the entry doors to your building. The same can be said about checking any emails that we send out, as well as our blog or newsletters. These all provide great information on upcoming dates for work, events, etc., and are a great quick resource. We try to put all of this information out in advance, so reviewing any/all of these is a great way to stay ahead of the game, and allow yourself to prepare for anything that might be happening in the community.
- Follow us on Facebook or Instagram! We also share updates on these platforms, but we also do giveaways and other fun things. It is a great way to connect with us, possibly win fun prizes and stay in the loop. You can find our Facebook HERE, and find our Instagram page HERE.
- Get registered on Rentcafe! The link to register can be found HERE. If you are already registered, but do not have automatic payments set up, we highly encourage it. There is even the option to set up automatic payments for your utility charges! It is a crazy convenient feature and we hope that you can get some use out of it. Moreover, residents can put in work orders on the portal, as well as make posts that other Pacific Gardens users can respond to! With all of this functionality, why would you not use it?
- Specifically for winter, we would like all residents to do a quick spot check of their HVAC/Thermostat, as well as checking the windows and doors of the apartment. Make sure that your furnace is heating to the correct setting displayed on your thermostat, as well as making sure that the thermostat is good on batteries, and that it, too, is working properly. Check your windows and doors for drafts, and let our office know if maintenance needs to come in and look at weather stripping or seals on windows. Heck, these kind of requests can even be submitted on rentcafe!
- Be on the lookout for cars that are parked in one place for more than several days at a time. We are typically pretty good about spotting these, but we have had a couple reports of cars with no permits being sat in stalls for more than a day’s time without being moved. Along these lines, please look out for cars that are parking in no parking areas, or are not parking correctly within the lines. If you see a car that is like this, you can always call our office, or call Frontline Security at (402)210-5111 if the offending car is present after our office closes.
That should about cover it! It is our hope that this covers our bases pretty well, and that this gives residents enough information to be prepared for all work we do, as well as for the fun winter weather that we are bound to experience! As always, please contact the office if you have any questions, or need help with completing any of the items on this list!