We all know that Nebraska winters can get rough but thanks to some advice from www.apartmenttherapy.com you can prepare yourself (and your apartment) for the upcoming months. These are their helpful tips:
- Swap Out Bedding: Launder and store your warmer weather bedding, and reach for the down comforter or wool blankets instead. Layer on some throws for extra comfort and warmth come winter.
- Do a Seasonal Conversion in Your Wardrobe: Just like lakes have an autumnal turnover, so should your closet. Prep it for the season to come by taking out your stored sweaters, and packing up your shorts and tank tops. Put flip flops towards the back, and bring your boots front and center.
- Put Away Outdoor Gear: You’ve been pushing it and lingering outside in your backyard as late as possible into the season. It’s now time to scrub down all your patio furniture and either cover it, or store it away. Similarly, your grill might need a good cleaning. You don’t want to wait until it’s 30 below and your hose is frozen solid.
- Get Your Windows Ready: Do what you have to do to get those holes caulked up, and prevent cold air from coming in. Upgrade to heavier curtains in anticipation, or seal up windows with one of the many temporary products designed to increase energy efficiency. (Let our handy maintenance technicians take care of this- just give us a call and we can get a work order set up!)
- Maintenance Your Fireplace or Wood Stove: If you rely on wood to stay warm, or just love the feel of a real fire, now is a good time to clean out last year’s ashes, and stock up on new wood for the winter.
- Buy Winter Essentials: The snow and ice will be here before you know it, and you don’t want to wait until the first storm of the year to buy your snow gear or that handy brush to remove the snow from your windshield. Want to avoid cleaning your car off every time it snows? Give us a call and reserve a garage today!
Stay warm friends!