So you’re throwing the Christmas party this year. You may feel stressed out, overwhelmed, and like you’re way in over your head. Rest assured, as we have some tips on how to throw a smooth Christmas party!
- Make a list, and check it twice. Having so much food to make can feel like an impossible task. You’ll first want to create a list of what you want to make and what items you’ll need to buy. Make a grocery list so you don’t forget anything. You’ll also want to consider how you want to serve your food. If you’re using single use dinnerware, make sure you have enough.
- Keep it simple. If you don’t have the time or the room to make a huge meal, stick with the easy stuff like appetizers and snacks. It will be easy and people can mingle while they eat!
- Make your food ahead. Trying to cook everything on the day of the party is stressful, especially when you only have a short amount of time to cook! Make less perishable foods a day or two ahead of time.
- Who are you inviting? Deciding on who you want to come to your party can be stressful. Do you want it to be just family? Just friends? Family and friends? Your budget can sometimes help determine who you want to invite. If you don’t have much to spend, pick either friends or family. If you have lots to spend, invite both!
- Think up some fun games. Games are a great way to entertain your guests. You can even make them Christmas themed! You could play charades where you guess holiday themed words. You could have your guests try to guess how many ornaments are on your tree. The possibilities are endless!
- Drink responsibly. If you’re going to serve alcohol, make sure that your guests are drinking responsibly and have someone to drive them home. If you have the space, you can offer to let them stay overnight to avoid driving under the influence. It will ensure that they will have a fun and safe holiday experience!
The most important part is to have fun and celebrate the season. Although it may seem stressful now, you will enjoy spending time with your loved ones and have great experiences with them!