It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The holidays are a great time to get out and experience the joys of the season together as a family, and there are plenty of Christmas events in the Omaha area. From light displays to family fun, below is our list of fun events going on.
- Winter Wonderland at Sycamore Farms. This event is from the creators of Junkstock. On November 30th, they will have 70 indoor vendors to shop from. Visit Santa on Santa’s Mountain, take a hayrack ride or warm up by the large bonfires. For more information, visit https://www.sycamorefarmsne.com/winter-wonderland/.
- Christmas at Union Station. Visit Santa and the region’s largest Christmas tree at the Durham Museum. Each day has a different activity planned. For more information, visit https://durhammuseum.org/christmas-at-union-station/.
- Holiday Lights Festival: The Capitol District Ice Rink. Opening Ceremony will be held at 5:45 PM on December 7th. All proceeds will go to the Shine the Light on Hunger campaign. Lace up your ice skates and enjoy some skating! For a list of special events, visit, http://www.holidaylightsfestival.org/ice-rink/.
- Hometown Christmas. This event is just a short drive to Ashland, NE. Mark your calendars for December 8th. Enjoy the Second Annual Parade of Lights. For the official scheduled events, go to https://www.visitomaha.com/event/hometown-christmas/25925/.
- Cookies, Carols and Cider: A Holiday Lights Tour! This one time event will take you through Omaha’s most decorated neighborhoods while enjoying cookies, cider and Christmas carols! For more information, go to https://fareharbor.com/omahaculinarytours/items/27570/.
Enjoy, be safe and have a wonderful holiday season this year!