Top Picks this Weekend:
Minions at the Omaha Children’s Museum – 10/2, 5 – 8 p.m.
- Enjoy First Friday Family Date Night! Join the minions and enjoy themed activities throughout the museum, giveaways and science shows in Dr. Gru’s laboratory. Cobweb Castle open, too! Included with regular admission.
Village Pointe Farmers Market Harvest Fest – 10/3, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m., FREE
- Free Festivities include Live Music, Arts & Crafts Booths, Hayrack Rides, Pumpkin Decorating, Bounce House, Face Painting, Giveaways & Stickers, plus more.
Football: The Exhibit Opens at The Strategic Air & Space Museum – Oct. 4, 2015 – Jan. 2, 2016
- An highly interactive hands-on experience where you can learn the history, science, and technology of the game.
Kids Workshops at Home Depot – 10/3, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., FREE
- Come learn how to Build a Fire Truck for Fire Safety Month.
Mangelsen’s Kids Craft Time – Saturdays, 10/3 – 10/31, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., FREE
- Drop in anytime between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
First Responder’s Action Day & Scout Day – 10/3, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., FREE
- Joint venture with the Boy and Girl Scouts, First Responders Foundation and the Omaha Police and Fire Departments and is a day filled with action and learning for kids! There are many exciting demos during the day including repelling off of buildings, blowing up pumpkins, rescuing submerged vehicles, robots in action and much more!
- Location: Omaha Public Safety Training Center (11616 Rainwood Rd.)
Family Day: Free Activities & Pumpkin Patch at Camp Fontanelle – 10/3, 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., FREE
- Many free activities including the jumping pillow, petting barn, laser tag, bounce houses and hayrack rides to the pumpkin patch. Free chili and cookies (for the first 300) will be served at 11:30 a.m. in the 7:24 Shelter with live streaming of college football.
Where Books and Art Meet – 10/3, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m., FREE, Registration Required
- Explore your creative side every week with art projects based on books and illustrations. Classes meet at South Omaha Library and are taught by professional artists and art teachers in partnership with Arts For All. For children ages 8-12.
Owl Prowl at Hummel Park Nature Center – 10/3, 7 – 9 p.m.
- Explore the trails at night, cook fire-roasted marshmallows, and learn all about owls from our guest speakers from Raptor Recovery! Don’t forget your flashlight! Register online.
Pet Day at Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch – 10/4, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Doggie admission of $5 will benefit the Friends of Jeanette Hunt Animal Shelter (general admission is $13 per person, two and under are free). The doggie costume contest will start at 11:30 a.m.
Papillion Fall Kite Fly Day – 10/4, 12 – 4 p.m., FREE, Papillion Recreation Complex (1100 W. Lincoln Street)
- Includes demonstrations from the American Kitefliers Association and areas for the public to fly their own kites. Events are weather permitting.
Free Lunch for 5000: International Event in Omaha Highlights Food Waste – 10/4, 12 – 4 p.m.
- Five thousand lunches made entirely out of fresh food that would otherwise be wasted will be served free to the public. The celebration includes cooking demonstrations by celebrity chefs, live music, children’s activities, interactive exhibits and more. Location: Lewis & Clark Landing, 345 Riverfront Drive.