Chances are, you own a vehicle and you do your very best to make sure it is in tiptop shape! After all, it was a very large investment that gets you where you need to go. If you own a home, there’s a good chance that you have a garage to put your car in. If you live in an apartment community, there’s about a 50% chance that you will get the opportunity to use a garage. If you’re lucky enough to be at a community with garages available, more times than not you have to pay for them. You may be thinking, “Why would I pay for a garage when I can just use the parking lot for free?” There are many benefits to having a garage and here are just a few:
- In the winter, you don’t have to scrape the ice off of your car. Here in the Midwest we have some nasty winter weather. After an ice storm, it can take a person 15-20 minutes just to clear their windows off. If your car is in a garage, you don’t have to worry about this and you can sleep in an extra 20 minutes in the morning.
- It can protect you from theft. Even in the safest of neighborhoods cars can get broken into. Someone could be walking around searching for unlocked cars, and it may just happen to be the night that you forgot to lock yours. With a garage, the chances of this happening are significantly lower.
- You can work on your vehicle. Some apartment communities forbid residents from working on their cars in the parking lots, as it is unsafe and can block traffic. With a garage, you can work on your car safely and you won’t be breaking any rules.
- It can save you money from insurance claims. Some people rent garages in the winter time, and give them up as the weather gets warmer. In the spring and summer months, it is very possible to have hail storms. Hail damage on your vehicle can not only bring the value down, but can cost you thousands to fix!
- You can store your extra items in it. If you’re finding that your apartment has minimal storage, a garage can be a great place to put those things. Garages are great for items like tools, bikes, and car maintenance items.
At Highclere, we have a few garages available for rent. We have orange flyers on the ones that are available. They are $70 per month, on a month-to-month lease. If you’re interested in renting one, give us a call!