Let’s face it, at some point or another we look around our homes and wonder how we accumulated so much clutter. This can be especially difficult when you live in a studio apartment. However, there is hope! Here are a few ideas on how to maximize your studio apartment space.
- Organization is key when you live in a studio apartment. Having a place for everything, and keeping it there can make your apartment feel less cluttered. Things you don’t use very often (like seasonal decorations) can be put in storage containers.
- Think vertically. This can be a major space saver because it takes up less room on the floor. Buy or build shelves that you are able to store things on/in. You could also use the space above your cabinets to store things, or to put decorations on that you don’t have room for anywhere else.
- Get a clothing rack to add a stylish touch and cleverly save space. You can put your favorite pieces on the rack and even coordinate them by color!
- Mirrors can give the illusion of more space. You can usually find affordable mirrors at any of your major retailers, and they don’t take up much room.
- If you really want to maximize your space, invest in a loft bed. There are many options for what to store under. You could use it for storage or you could put a desk beneath it. Plus, it feels a little bit more private of a sleeping area.