Spring is here, and it has certainly felt like it with the gorgeous weather we’ve been having lately! The days are getting longer, and the weather is getting warmer, so we would like to remind everyone of a few things that will keep us all safe and happy during this great new season!
- Animal feeders. Here at Highclere, we see an abundance of wildlife, including deer, rabbits, turkeys, and a variety of birds! As a reminder, we do not allow residents to have animal feeders here on the property. We ask that you enjoy our furry friends from afar!
- Grill Policy. If you love to grill, we do allow electric grills and smokers to be stored and operated on your balcony. All other kinds of grills are prohibited. If you enjoy cooking on a gas operated grill, we currently have two gas grills located outside of the clubhouse for resident use! We plan to have them up and running within the next couple of weeks.
- Spring is the perfect time to relax on your balcony and enjoy the weather. We do encourage residents to display normal patio furniture on their balconies! If you have a bike, we ask that you do not store it on your balcony. We also prohibit signage or flags to be displayed on your balcony.
- We have four dumpsters located on our property. We ask that after residents dispose of their trash that they shut the doors and lids of the dumpsters before heading back to their apartment. Critters such as raccoons and opossums are notorious for hopping into them wen the doors are left open.
- Be a good neighbor! Fantastic weather ahead means that many residents will be spending more time outdoors. Please be considerate of others when you are out and about on the grounds and utilizing your outdoor space. Be mindful of your noise level, especially during quiet hours.
With warmer weather right around the corner, now is a perfect opportunity to hash out a spring cleaning game plan! We’ve listed a few spring cleaning tips below:
- Clean room by room! Spring cleaning can be a BIG undertaking! Take it one room at a time to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Download a cleaning app! There are tons of apps out there that offer an unlimited supply of ideas to help make cleaning a bit more manageable.
- Dust your blinds! It’s easy for dust to accumulate unnoticed on your window coverings during the winter, but now that days are getting longer, it will be easier to spot when the sunlight comes streaming in!
- Flip your mattress! Mattresses can wear out quickly if they are not turned on a regular basis. Flipping your mattress can help it last longer, providing you with the chance to get as much sweet, sweet beauty sleep as your mattress has to offer!
- Sort and store your winter clothes! What a great time to have an “out with the old; in with the new” attitude! Go through your winter clothes and donate apparel that you no longer have use for. Fold the remaining winter clothes in a storage box and tuck it away for next year to make room for your new summer clothes.
With the gorgeous weather we have been experiencing lately, you may be gearing up to find a new place to move to this spring. Highclere only has a one bedroom and two bedroom apartment available for rent! Both apartments are ready for a March move in. Currently, it looks like these could be the only apartments we will have until mid-June! The one bedroom apartment is located on the 2nd floor and is 800 square feet. The two bedroom we have is also located on the 2nd floor and is 1100 square feet. Our one bedroom rents for $875 per month and our two bedroom rents for $995 per month.
Although Highclere is located in the city, our serene property has a very private and calm feel. You can enjoy seeing deer, rabbits, and birds from your apartment throughout the year. During the summer months, you’re able to cool down in our pool. Although we don’t allow gas grills on the patios or balconies, we do have two gas grills located at the clubhouse for resident use! The residents who live at Highclere are only a short drive away from restaurants and shops! Target and Olive Garden are only a five minute drive away, and Hy-Vee and Planet Fitness are even closer.
If you’re looking to apply, please see below for our rental requirements.
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants must have a valid Social Security Number and government issued driver’s license or state ID.
- Applicants must have a satisfactory criminal report per our rental agreement. Contact our office for specific questions and/or details.
- Must have at least 6 months of positive credit or rental history.
- Our income verification is at least 3 times the monthly rental amount per month. This follows your gross monthly income. We also accept offer letters for future employment, 12 months of rent coverage from checking, savings, investments or trust fund(s), social security, child support, or parental contribution for full-time students.
If you have any questions or would like to set up a tour, give us a call at 712-256-1000!
If you are thinking of moving this spring, you may not know where to begin. The sooner that you start your apartment search, the better off you will be! After touring our property, you can apply for the wait list to have seniority on apartments coming available within a six month time frame! Being on the wait list will allow us to help you find your perfect apartment ahead of time so you won’t be scrambling to find an apartment complex with availability. All of our Robert Hancock & Co. Properties offer wait list options upon availability.
Currently, Highclere Apartments does not know what we will have for the spring time frame, but we are taking wait list applications! Our one bedroom apartments are 800 sqft and $875 per month. Our two bedroom apartments are 1100 sqft and $995 per month. If you’re interested in Highclere, give us a call and we can schedule an appointment for you to see our beautiful community. If our apartments are a good fit for you, you can apply for one ahead of time to claim it as your new home in advance before anyone else can take it off the market. Skip the stress and plan ahead! This is the perfect time of year to get prepare for your spring or summer move. Contact our office at 712-256-1000 with further questions and we will be happy to help!
If Highclere isn’t for you, then perhaps one of our other beautiful communities will better suit your needs. Feel free to reach out to any of our communities to begin the journey of selecting your new home – whether now or in the future!
If you are looking for a one or two bedroom apartment in Council Bluffs, we have good news! Highclere currently has two bedrooms that are available for February and March. If you’re looking for something a little smaller, we also have a one bedroom available for a mid-February move in.
All of our two bedroom apartments come with lots of storage space, a large balcony or patio, and an in-unit washer and dryer! Right now, we have one two bedroom unit located on the 3rd floor for a mid-March move in. All of our 3rd floor units have vaulted ceilings, which makes the apartment seem larger!
Our one bedroom apartments also come with a balcony or patio and an in-unit washer and dryer. The one bedroom unit available for February is located on the 2nd floor and has an storage closet on the balcony.
We have several units available with fantastic views of our scenic property. When you live at Highclere you are bound to see wildlife including deer, turkeys, rabbits, and an array of birds! Amenities include a grilling area by the clubhouse and swimming pool for resident use! We also have garages that are available for rent on a month to month lease. Highclere is also conveniently located near grocery stores, gas stations, and many restaurants and shops.
If you would like to set up a tour to see just how beautiful our property is, give us a call! Our phone number is 712-256-1000.
Chances are, you own a vehicle and you do your very best to make sure it is in tiptop shape! After all, it was a very large investment that gets you where you need to go. If you own a home, there’s a good chance that you have a garage to put your car in. If you live in an apartment community, there’s about a 50% chance that you will get the opportunity to use a garage. If you’re lucky enough to be at a community with garages available, more times than not you have to pay for them. You may be thinking, “Why would I pay for a garage when I can just use the parking lot for free?” There are many benefits to having a garage and here are just a few:
- In the winter, you don’t have to scrape the ice off of your car. Here in the Midwest we have some nasty winter weather. Just in the last week we got around 8 inches of snow! After an ice storm, it can take a person 15-20 minutes just to clear their windows off. If your car is in a garage, you don’t have to worry about this and you can sleep in an extra 20 minutes in the morning.
- It can protect you from theft. Even in the safest of neighborhoods cars can get broken into. Someone could be walking around searching for unlocked cars, and it may just happen to be the night that you forgot to lock yours. With a garage, the chances of this happening are significantly lower.
- You can work on your vehicle. Some apartment communities forbid residents from working on their cars in the parking lots, as it is unsafe and can block traffic. With a garage, you can work on your car safely and you won’t be breaking any rules.
- It can save you money from insurance claims. Some people rent garages in the winter time, and give them up as the weather gets warmer. In the spring and summer months, it is very possible to have hail storms. Hail damage on your vehicle can not only bring the value down, but can cost you thousands to fix!
- You can store your extra items in it. If you’re finding that your apartment has minimal storage, a garage can be a great place to put those things. Garages are great for items like tools, bikes, and car maintenance items.
At Highclere, we have a few garages available for rent, and during this time of year they are rented up very quickly! They are $70 per month, on a month-to-month lease. If you’re interested in renting one, give us a call!
Highclere currently has two, one bedroom one bathroom apartments available for mid-December! One of them is located on the 1st floor and has vinyl flooring in the kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The other is located on the 3rd floor, has vaulted ceilings, and a great view! They are 800 square feet and both rent for $875 per month. All of our one bedroom apartments have open floor plans, lots of storage, and an in-unit washer and dryer!
Please keep in mind, we are a gun free, smoke free property. We allow up to two cats per apartment with pet rent and deposit. Anyone who wishes to apply must be 18 years of age or older, have a social security number, and ready to commit to a one year lease.
If you would like to apply, we require a nonrefundable $40 application fee per applicant to cover the cost of the background and credit check that we will need to run. We also require a $400 deposit that is refundable at the end of your lease as long as you leave your apartment in good, clean condition. We will also need your two most recent pay stubs and a copy of your driver’s license. You can apply online at www.roberthancockco.com.
Right now, we are doing virtual and self-guided tours of our community! Send us an email at email@example.com and we’ve be happy to send over photos and a great 3D tour through Apartments.com. These apartments won’t last long, so hurry and claim them today!!!
The weather forecast looks very pleasant for this week, but some of the frigid temperatures we’ve been having are a bleak reminder that winter is on its way. This winter it may be hard to get out and do the things you love. You may start to get bored, and end up in a funk! Rest assured, as I have several great tips to avoid those winter blues!
- Stay active. Although we’d rather stay snuggled up in bed all day, getting exercise is a great way to boost your serotonin levels. You don’t even have to go outside! You can do simple exercises at home, like sit-ups and lunges, or you can look up great workout videos on Youtube!
- Start a hobby. Doing a hobby is a great way to stimulate your brain, without having to go outside. I usually hone in on my hobbies in the winter time! I will finish crocheting the blanket I started the previous year, and work on the book I’ve been writing! This Bustle article has some great ideas for hobbies you can start right now: https://www.bustle.com/articles/135530-21-winter-activities-for-adults-to-keep-you-occupied-during-this-drab-and-dreary-season.
- Get organized. It may not sound like fun, but it can definitely be helpful! Sort through that pile of papers you’ve been meaning to file away. Categorize your storage area so you know where each of your items are. You can feel productive, all in the privacy of your own home!
- Learn something new! The internet is full of great information that can make you feel like your back in school (but in a fun way)! You can learn a new language, a new dance, and even how to start a garden.
- Plan for the future. If you’ve been toying with the idea of finding a new space to live or starting a new career, winter is a great time to do the research you put off over the summer. If you are looking to move you can compare neighborhoods and communities you may consider moving to. Many communities are offering virtual tours, so you can view the home of your dreams all at home!
Winter can be dreadful, but don’t let it get you down! There are lots of ways you can have fun, without having to face the frigid temperatures. With these tips, it’ll be hard to NOT have an exciting and productive winter!
Although we have not yet celebrated Halloween, winter weather is in our forecast! Winter weather conditions can be scary, but here in the Midwest they are almost certain to be unavoidable. Below are some tips that can help you get through the winter!
- Paying attention to the weather forecast is important and essential while living in the Midwest. If snow is predicted, make sure that you leave early for work. If an ice storm is supposed to come through, make sure you wake up extra early to scrape the ice off your windshield and put ice melt on your sidewalks and driveway. At Highclere, our maintenance technician scoops all the sidewalks/entry ways and makes sure that there is ice melt put down. We also have buckets of ice melt at each entry way for our residents to use if they notice an icy spot on their way out of the building!
- Check that your furnace is running properly before the cold weather hits. Many of us don’t think about turning on the heat until things start to freeze over. If it is not working properly, it could take days to get it fixed! At Highclere Apartments, our maintenance tech changes the furnace filters in the fall and tests the furnaces to make sure they are up and running for when our tenants decide to turn them on. She also goes through and tests each apartment for carbon monoxide to ensure that our residents are breathing in safe, clean air!
- Have an emergency kit in your car. If you happen to get into a predicament where you are stuck in a ditch due to snow or ice, you will want to have supplies so you can keep yourself safe and warm while helps arrives! Make sure to keep gloves, socks, a blanket, food and water, jumper cables, and a flashlight in your emergency kit!
- Have someone check on your home if you are out of town. If you plan to go on a vacation during the cold months, having someone check on your home can make a world of a difference! While you are gone, they can make sure that your furnace and thermostat are running appropriately and that there are no leaks or floods due to melting snow and ice. At Highclere, if residents are going to be gone for more than a week we will go in and do a quick walkthrough of the apartment to make sure everything is working correctly to maintain the apartment!
Winter weather can be scary, but taking precautions and being proactive can help you get through it successfully and safely!