If you are looking for a one or two bedroom apartment in Council Bluffs, we have good news! Highclere currently has two bedrooms that are available for February and March. If you’re looking for something a little smaller, we also have a one bedroom available for a mid-February move in.
All of our two bedroom apartments come with lots of storage space, a large balcony or patio, and an in-unit washer and dryer! Right now, we have one two bedroom unit located on the 3rd floor for a mid-March move in. All of our 3rd floor units have vaulted ceilings, which makes the apartment seem larger!
Our one bedroom apartments also come with a balcony or patio and an in-unit washer and dryer. The one bedroom unit available for February is located on the 2nd floor and has an storage closet on the balcony.
We have several units available with fantastic views of our scenic property. When you live at Highclere you are bound to see wildlife including deer, turkeys, rabbits, and an array of birds! Amenities include a grilling area by the clubhouse and swimming pool for resident use! We also have garages that are available for rent on a month to month lease. Highclere is also conveniently located near grocery stores, gas stations, and many restaurants and shops.
If you would like to set up a tour to see just how beautiful our property is, give us a call! Our phone number is 712-256-1000.
Chances are, you own a vehicle and you do your very best to make sure it is in tiptop shape! After all, it was a very large investment that gets you where you need to go. If you own a home, there’s a good chance that you have a garage to put your car in. If you live in an apartment community, there’s about a 50% chance that you will get the opportunity to use a garage. If you’re lucky enough to be at a community with garages available, more times than not you have to pay for them. You may be thinking, “Why would I pay for a garage when I can just use the parking lot for free?” There are many benefits to having a garage and here are just a few:
- In the winter, you don’t have to scrape the ice off of your car. Here in the Midwest we have some nasty winter weather. Just in the last week we got around 8 inches of snow! After an ice storm, it can take a person 15-20 minutes just to clear their windows off. If your car is in a garage, you don’t have to worry about this and you can sleep in an extra 20 minutes in the morning.
- It can protect you from theft. Even in the safest of neighborhoods cars can get broken into. Someone could be walking around searching for unlocked cars, and it may just happen to be the night that you forgot to lock yours. With a garage, the chances of this happening are significantly lower.
- You can work on your vehicle. Some apartment communities forbid residents from working on their cars in the parking lots, as it is unsafe and can block traffic. With a garage, you can work on your car safely and you won’t be breaking any rules.
- It can save you money from insurance claims. Some people rent garages in the winter time, and give them up as the weather gets warmer. In the spring and summer months, it is very possible to have hail storms. Hail damage on your vehicle can not only bring the value down, but can cost you thousands to fix!
- You can store your extra items in it. If you’re finding that your apartment has minimal storage, a garage can be a great place to put those things. Garages are great for items like tools, bikes, and car maintenance items.
At Highclere, we have a few garages available for rent, and during this time of year they are rented up very quickly! They are $70 per month, on a month-to-month lease. If you’re interested in renting one, give us a call!
Highclere currently has two, one bedroom one bathroom apartments available for mid-December! One of them is located on the 1st floor and has vinyl flooring in the kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The other is located on the 3rd floor, has vaulted ceilings, and a great view! They are 800 square feet and both rent for $875 per month. All of our one bedroom apartments have open floor plans, lots of storage, and an in-unit washer and dryer!
Please keep in mind, we are a gun free, smoke free property. We allow up to two cats per apartment with pet rent and deposit. Anyone who wishes to apply must be 18 years of age or older, have a social security number, and ready to commit to a one year lease.
If you would like to apply, we require a nonrefundable $40 application fee per applicant to cover the cost of the background and credit check that we will need to run. We also require a $400 deposit that is refundable at the end of your lease as long as you leave your apartment in good, clean condition. We will also need your two most recent pay stubs and a copy of your driver’s license. You can apply online at www.roberthancockco.com.
Right now, we are doing virtual and self-guided tours of our community! Send us an email at email@example.com and we’ve be happy to send over photos and a great 3D tour through Apartments.com. These apartments won’t last long, so hurry and claim them today!!!
The weather forecast looks very pleasant for this week, but some of the frigid temperatures we’ve been having are a bleak reminder that winter is on its way. This winter it may be hard to get out and do the things you love. You may start to get bored, and end up in a funk! Rest assured, as I have several great tips to avoid those winter blues!
- Stay active. Although we’d rather stay snuggled up in bed all day, getting exercise is a great way to boost your serotonin levels. You don’t even have to go outside! You can do simple exercises at home, like sit-ups and lunges, or you can look up great workout videos on Youtube!
- Start a hobby. Doing a hobby is a great way to stimulate your brain, without having to go outside. I usually hone in on my hobbies in the winter time! I will finish crocheting the blanket I started the previous year, and work on the book I’ve been writing! This Bustle article has some great ideas for hobbies you can start right now: https://www.bustle.com/articles/135530-21-winter-activities-for-adults-to-keep-you-occupied-during-this-drab-and-dreary-season.
- Get organized. It may not sound like fun, but it can definitely be helpful! Sort through that pile of papers you’ve been meaning to file away. Categorize your storage area so you know where each of your items are. You can feel productive, all in the privacy of your own home!
- Learn something new! The internet is full of great information that can make you feel like your back in school (but in a fun way)! You can learn a new language, a new dance, and even how to start a garden.
- Plan for the future. If you’ve been toying with the idea of finding a new space to live or starting a new career, winter is a great time to do the research you put off over the summer. If you are looking to move you can compare neighborhoods and communities you may consider moving to. Many communities are offering virtual tours, so you can view the home of your dreams all at home!
Winter can be dreadful, but don’t let it get you down! There are lots of ways you can have fun, without having to face the frigid temperatures. With these tips, it’ll be hard to NOT have an exciting and productive winter!
Although we have not yet celebrated Halloween, winter weather is in our forecast! Winter weather conditions can be scary, but here in the Midwest they are almost certain to be unavoidable. Below are some tips that can help you get through the winter!
- Paying attention to the weather forecast is important and essential while living in the Midwest. If snow is predicted, make sure that you leave early for work. If an ice storm is supposed to come through, make sure you wake up extra early to scrape the ice off your windshield and put ice melt on your sidewalks and driveway. At Highclere, our maintenance technician scoops all the sidewalks/entry ways and makes sure that there is ice melt put down. We also have buckets of ice melt at each entry way for our residents to use if they notice an icy spot on their way out of the building!
- Check that your furnace is running properly before the cold weather hits. Many of us don’t think about turning on the heat until things start to freeze over. If it is not working properly, it could take days to get it fixed! At Highclere Apartments, our maintenance tech changes the furnace filters in the fall and tests the furnaces to make sure they are up and running for when our tenants decide to turn them on. She also goes through and tests each apartment for carbon monoxide to ensure that our residents are breathing in safe, clean air!
- Have an emergency kit in your car. If you happen to get into a predicament where you are stuck in a ditch due to snow or ice, you will want to have supplies so you can keep yourself safe and warm while helps arrives! Make sure to keep gloves, socks, a blanket, food and water, jumper cables, and a flashlight in your emergency kit!
- Have someone check on your home if you are out of town. If you plan to go on a vacation during the cold months, having someone check on your home can make a world of a difference! While you are gone, they can make sure that your furnace and thermostat are running appropriately and that there are no leaks or floods due to melting snow and ice. At Highclere, if residents are going to be gone for more than a week we will go in and do a quick walkthrough of the apartment to make sure everything is working correctly to maintain the apartment!
Winter weather can be scary, but taking precautions and being proactive can help you get through it successfully and safely!
The first day of autumn was September 22nd, which means that fall is officially here! Although your Halloween and autumn festivities may look a bit different this year, there are still a lot of great things you can do to enjoy the season!
Carving pumpkins is a great and safe way to celebrate! All you need is pumpkin, a carving kit, and a candle. There are lots of great designs to choose from on sites like Pinterest, and you can do it by yourself or with a group! If you are not too keen on the hard labor that carving requires, try painting your pumpkin instead. You can be just as creative with half of the mess!
Going on a hike is a great way to enjoy the weather as it cools off. If you are lucky enough to live around a nature trail, you can go and see all the trees change color! If you are a resident at Highclere Apartments, you are just a short six-minute drive away from Wabash Trace Nature Trail!
Baking is a great way to get into the fall spirit! Now that the weather is cooling off, more people are starting to use their oven’s more. There are lots of great recipes out there for apple pie and pumpkin bread. You can even roast those pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin you carved!
You can have a movie marathon. Whether you are a horror buff or like a good comedy, there is bound to be a great Halloween movie you will enjoy! Pop some popcorn and make it fun by adding Halloween themed candy to it to make your movie night extra special! What is so great about this activity is you can do it by yourself or make a night of it with your friends or family.
Although your Halloween season may look different this year, there are still lots of activities you can enjoy in the fall. We hope that everyone has a happy and safe fall and Halloween!
If you know which Robert Hancock & Company apartment community you’d like to live at, but nothing is immediately available, we strongly suggest you apply for that property’s wait list! Just because an apartment isn’t available for the foreseeable future doesn’t mean someone down the line won’t end up breaking their lease or submitting their notice to move out, creating a perfect opportunity for you to slide right in to the apartment of your dreams!
Applying for the wait list is simple! We just need you to fill out an application, submit your two most recent pay stubs, and provide a copy of your government issued photo ID/driver’s license. We charge a nonrefundable $40 application fee per applicant to cover the cost of the background and credit check that we run, and a $150 wait list fee. The wait list fee is refundable if your application happens to get denied, however, f your application is approved, the wait list fee will be put toward the balance of the deposit and will become refundable at the end of your lease as long as you leave the apartment in good, clean condition.
Once your wait list application is approved, you will receive first dibs on any apartments that fit your specified criteria that come available within a 6 month time frame. If an apartment fitting your specified criteria does not open up within those 6 months, we will refund your $150 wait list fee.
SO. We just have one question… Why wait to wait?! Apply for our wait list today!!
With the beautiful weather we have been having, it makes it hard to believe that fall and winter are right around the corner! Right now, at Highclere, we have a couple of two bedrooms available and only one, one bedroom available. Our two bedrooms will be ready for a mid-October time frame, and our one bedroom will be ready for a mid-December time frame.
Our one-bedroom apartment is located on the 3rd floor, which means it has vaulted ceilings. Our units with vaulted ceilings are unique and often feel bigger than our units on the 1st and 2nd floor. This apartment has an open concept floor plan, an outdoor storage closet and an in-unit washer and dryer!
One of our two-bedroom apartments for mid-October is located on the 3rd floor, which means it also has vaulted ceilings. This specific unit is especially unique because it has a fireplace in the living room! Our other two bedroom is located on the 2nd floor. All our two-bedroom units have large balconies, lots of storage space, and in-unit washers and dryers.
Although it will be closed when these apartments become available, we do have a swimming pool on our property for resident use! We also have a clubhouse that tenants are able to rent out, and gas grills for our residents to use in the warmer months.
If you are thinking of calling Highclere “home”, give us a call today! Our phone number is 712-256-1000.
At Highclere Apartments, we are grateful to have the best views that Council Bluffs can offer. We overlook beautiful walking trails and shopping centers all while enjoying the clean-cut landscaping around the property. We love calling Council Bluffs home! Part of what makes this town unique is its ability to balance modern improvements with its rich cultural history.
Much like today, Council Bluffs was THE place to be in 1824. At that time, Council Bluffs was actually named Traders Point due to all of the continuous exchanging of animal hides, furs and dry goods- furthering the mercantile lifestyle that would continue into modern day. Traders Point was renamed Kanesville after Thomas Kane negotiated federal permission for the Mormons to use Indian Land.
Mormon settlers were set on westward expansion and only used the town as a stopping point but wound up making a huge historical impact. Brigham Young was elected President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Kanesville Tabernacle, replica of which still stands today! It is open as a visitor’s center and meeting hall, enjoyed by all residents of Council Bluffs. The Tabernacle was built in two and half weeks by 200 volunteers and was the largest log structure in the entire world. Brigham Young succeeded in getting the first Post Office opened in Kanesville, busting communication lines wide open. When Mormon settlers continued west, Council Bluffs was granted its modern name from the Lewis and Clark expedition.
As we stated before, we love calling Council Bluffs home, but we also love knowing why we call it Council Bluffs!