Here are some great activities that you don’t want to miss out on!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Greek Festival – 8/21-8/23
- Taste Greek food and pastries, experience Greek music and culture with Greek Dancing and great family fun. New Location: St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church (St. Mary Ave & Park Drive).
- Admission: Adults – $3.00 at the gate (or receive free admission with canned good donation to Siena Francis House Food Bank, or download a free ticket at :http://www.greekfestomaha.com/ ). Children 12 & under – Free. Military, Police Officers, Fire Personnel, and Students – Free (with ID)
- Cinderella (Original 1950 Version), Gates open at 7:30 p.m. with movies starting at dusk.
The Big Art Event at Mangelsen’s – 8/22, 12 – 4 p.m.
- Interact with their artists and try out a new technique or medium for free. Browse through their gallery of local art and vote for your favorite pieces of work in three different categories: Youth / Novice / Professional.
Where Books and Art Meet – 8/22, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m., FREE, Registration Required
- Explore your creative side every week with art projects based on books and illustrations. Classes meet at South Omaha Library and are taught by professional artists and art teachers in partnership with Arts For All. For children ages 8-12.
Ice Skating Open House – 8/23, 12:30 – 2:30 p.m., FREE (Skate rentals $1)
- Join the City of Omaha Parks & Recreation and Figure Skating Club of Omaha at Motto McLean’s Open House (45th & P). There will be free admission, treats, skate lessons, games and more. (Skate rentals are only $1!)
- 6:30 p.m. – Food and Drinks available for purchase. Free hay rack rides. 8 p.m. – Outdoor Movie “October Sky”. At Dark: Telescope Viewing and iPad Apps.
- Great hands-on event that allows kids to experience what it’s like to sit in the driver’s seat of a variety of vehicles. Anthony The Balloon Man will also be joining the party. Plus, Mondays are always Kid’s Night at The Lube so kids eat FREE.