The weather forecast looks very pleasant for this week, but some of the frigid temperatures we’ve been having are a bleak reminder that winter is on its way. This winter it may be hard to get out and do the things you love. You may start to get bored, and end up in a funk! Rest assured, as I have several great tips to avoid those winter blues!
- Stay active. Although we’d rather stay snuggled up in bed all day, getting exercise is a great way to boost your serotonin levels. You don’t even have to go outside! You can do simple exercises at home, like sit-ups and lunges, or you can look up great workout videos on Youtube!
- Start a hobby. Doing a hobby is a great way to stimulate your brain, without having to go outside. I usually hone in on my hobbies in the winter time! I will finish crocheting the blanket I started the previous year, and work on the book I’ve been writing! This Bustle article has some great ideas for hobbies you can start right now: https://www.bustle.com/articles/135530-21-winter-activities-for-adults-to-keep-you-occupied-during-this-drab-and-dreary-season.
- Get organized. It may not sound like fun, but it can definitely be helpful! Sort through that pile of papers you’ve been meaning to file away. Categorize your storage area so you know where each of your items are. You can feel productive, all in the privacy of your own home!
- Learn something new! The internet is full of great information that can make you feel like your back in school (but in a fun way)! You can learn a new language, a new dance, and even how to start a garden.
- Plan for the future. If you’ve been toying with the idea of finding a new space to live or starting a new career, winter is a great time to do the research you put off over the summer. If you are looking to move you can compare neighborhoods and communities you may consider moving to. Many communities are offering virtual tours, so you can view the home of your dreams all at home!
Winter can be dreadful, but don’t let it get you down! There are lots of ways you can have fun, without having to face the frigid temperatures. With these tips, it’ll be hard to NOT have an exciting and productive winter!