Midwest winters are so beautiful with all the snow, but it can make getting around a little tricky! Listed below are some commonly overlooked dangers.
- It is recommended to not wash your car when the temperature is below freezing. Locks can freeze and any accumulated water on the windshield can freeze the wipers.
- Removing slush from behind your wheels will prevent a build up of snow.
- Always make sure you have a full tank of gas. It will prevent condensation in your tank.
- When it is cold outside it is pretty typical to crank the heat in your car. It is easy to get sleeping behind the wheel. Make sure you pull over if you get drowsy!
- Black ice is hard to see at night. Be extra careful while driving on bridges or overpasses!