Veterans Day is this Saturday and in honor of our Veterans here are some events and activities going on around the Omaha area:
– Nebraska’s Official Veteran’s Parade – November 11th at 10:00am in downtown Bellevue.
– Veterans Day Free Weekend at the Durham Museum – November 10, 2017 – November 12, 2017 all-day
Location: 801 S. 10th St., Omaha
Veterans and their families enjoy complimentary admission all weekend long, November 10-12, in observance of the Veterans Day holiday. Just show your military ID at the front desk. The Durham Museum proudly supports our military and their families and want to thank all who serve our country!
– Military Family Day at Joslyn Art Museum – November 8 – 12th – 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Joslyn will honor all Military Family membership cardholders with additional benefits in honor of Veterans Day. Simply show your Military Family membership card and receive a free gift and an additional 10% off purchases in the Hitchcock Museum Shop. Military Family members will also receive two complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and two desserts in Café Durham.
– Veteran’s Recognition Day at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium – 10am – 4pm
In honor of those who proudly served our nation, Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium will be offering free gate admission to all veterans and their immediate families on Veteran’s Day, Saturday, November 11, 2017. The free admission applies to all Veterans and their immediate families.
– Veteran’s Day at the Wildlife Safari Park – 9am – 4pm
Wildlife Safari Park, located off Exit 426 near Ashland, will also be open on Veteran’s Day. Veterans and their immediate families will receive free admission during Wildlife Safari Park’s operating hours, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
– Silent Walk in Honor of our US Veterans at Heron Haven Wetland Sanctuary – November 11, 2017 10-11:30am
Location: 11809 Old Maple Road, Omaha
Families can show their support for Veterans with a silent walk followed by coffee, hot chocolate and cookies from 10-10:30am. Members of Project Healing Waters will be on hand.
At 10:30 is November Rocks. Explore geology and the fascinating world of fossils and rocks. The first 18 kids can dig for a trilobite to take home.