You know that feeling you get when you’re given the opportunity to unexpectedly help someone out? Doesn’t it just make your whole day better? Think of how it made the person/people you helped out feel. This week (February 14-20) is “Random Acts of Kindness Week” and we are encouraging Highclere residents to participate within our community.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Hold the door open for your neighbor behind you.
- Pick up any litter you may find on the community.
- Help your neighbor carry in their groceries.
- Send a nice message to a friend on Facebook you haven’t contacted in awhile.
- Email recent photos of you & your family to a long-distance family member or friend.
- Donate used books to the Highclere Clubhouse Library.
- Call or visit someone who is sick or in the hospital.
Check out this website for more kindness ideas: www.randomactsofkindness.org